Tapping…Acupuncture Without the Needles
What is Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)?
EFT, aka Tapping, is a relatively new and fast evolving treatment within the field of energy healing. Often referred to as “psychological acupressure” the techniques work by releasing blockages within our energy system.
An EFT treatment involves the use of fingertips rather than needles to tap on the end points of energy meridians that are situated just below the surface of the skin. The treatment is simple, non-invasive and pain free.
Like everything in the universe, our body is composed of energy. Negative emotions and physical symptoms stem from a disruption of our body’s energy. Tapping restores the body’s energy balance while eliminating negative emotions.
The tapping technique requires you to focus on the negative emotion you are experiencing; a particular pain point; an unresolved problem; or anything that’s bothering you.
Doing the process
With four fingers on one hand, tap the Karate Chop point on your other hand. The Karate Chop point is on the outer edge of the hand, on the opposite side from the thumb.
Repeat the set up statement three times aloud, while simultaneously tapping the Karate Chop point. Now take a deep breath!
Get ready to begin tapping! Here are some tips to help you achieve the right technique.
- You should use a firm but gentle pressure, as if you were drumming on the side of your desk or testing a melon for ripeness.
- You can use all four fingers, or just the first two (the index and middle fingers). Four fingers are generally used on the top of the head, the collarbone, under the arm… wider areas. On sensitive areas, like around the eyes, you can use just two.
- Tap with your fingertips, not your fingernails. The sound will be round and mellow.
- The tapping order begins at the top and works down. You can end by returning to the top of the head, to complete the loop.
- Now, tap 5-7 times each on the remaining eight points in the following sequence:
Head (TH) The crown, center and top of the head. Tap with all four fingers on both hands.
Eyebrow (EB) The inner edges of the eyebrows, closest to the bridge of the nose. Use two fingers.
Side of eye (SE) The hard area between the eye and the temple. Use two fingers. Feel out this area gently so you don’t poke yourself in the eye!
Under eye (UE) The hard area under the eye, that merges with the cheekbone. Use two fingers, in line beneath the pupil.
Under nose (UN) The point centered between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. Use two fingers.
Chin (CP) This point is right beneath the previous one, and is centered between the bottom of the lower lip and the chin.
Collarbone (CB) Tap just below the hard ridge of your collarbone with four fingers.
Underarm (UA) On your side, about four inches beneath the armpit. Use four fingers.
Head (TH) And back where you started, to complete the sequence.