Do You Have a Vision Board or a “Vision Bored”?
Has Your Pain Created a Boring Life for You?
We know that pain creates a stress reaction in the body.
This reaction generates negative emotions embodied in physical sensations and can amplify the experience of pain.
- Anger and resentment form in the neck and shoulders
- Sadness forms in the area around our heart
- Fear and worry become felt as real in the stomach area
In our coaching, we use trained unconscious processes to quickly eliminate these emotions so that they don’t have a chance to amplify pain.
By stopping worried thinking or holding a pleasant mental image, you can unhook thoughts from feelings and create this response.
We recommend that you visualize and image of a peaceful place, such as a lake or ocean, or perhaps a place that had special meaning to you.
You can choose a word or phrase that puts you in a place of contentment—like love or I am relaxing—to focus on.
Use your imagination! You will find that the relaxation response is very useful in healing several stress-related ailments, including anxiety.
Try these simple steps:
- Sit quietly in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes.
- Now with each breath, slowly repeat your chosen word, phrase, sound and image gazing at your chosen place.
- Just notice what you’re experiencing. When other thoughts come to mind, gently return to the thought-stopping repetition of your chosen focus.
- Be patient and continue for ten to twenty minutes.
- Repeat several times a day.